T-Shirt Fringe Necklace
Fringe is so on-trend right now! It’s on everything from purses to boots to jewelry, I love it! But I’m not loving the price tag, so I decided to DIY my own. For mine, I used store bought chain necklaces to save time and the fringe is actually made from a t-shirt!! Talk about repurposing and upcycling, can’t beat it!
- T-shirt (You can get approximately 4 necklaces out of 1 t-shirt.)
- Long necklace or chain
- Fabric scissors
- Various fabrics for accents, optional (Once you’ve added the fringe, you can add accents to give it final pop and added texture. I added leather and gold chains to break up the cotton t-shirt material.)
- Cut a regular t-shirt into half-inch strips. (The material will curl on its own. If not, pulling the ends in either direction will make it curl.)
- Arrange strips from longest to shortest.
- Tie the longest piece of fabric to the center link on the chain. Choosing shorter lengths moving outwards.
- Tie a knot in each piece securing it to the chain. You can do every other link if you like, it’s totally up to you!
- Repeat until you reached your desired design.
- Add accents like leather, feathers, beads or gold chains.
- To finish, add little gold rings then trim the fringe into a horseshoe shape
(Visited 223 times, 1 visits today)