What’s more fun at a party than a piñata? I upped the fun factor with these candy-filled mini pull-cord piñatas! Can’t you just imagine them at a birthday party or as part of a super colorful table centerpiece? You won’t believe how easy they are to make and they cost less than $3 each!!
Cereal box or several pieces of cardboard
Yarn or heavy string
Candy and confetti
Googly eyes (optional)
1. Draw the shape of your piñata on the first piece of cardboard and cut out. I did more of a mule shape but you really can do any shape you like. Using the cut out as a template, trace the shape onto the second piece of cardboard and cut out.
2. Cut out one long strip of cardboard 1 1/2″ wide and the same length as the outline of the piñata template.
Tip: Use a piece of string to measure length of the outline.
3. Tape the strip of cardboard along the edge of the template as shown.
4. Cut a rectangle out of the second template, as shown. Tape the template onto the strip of cardboard as in Step 3.
5. Fill the piñata with candy or confetti.
6. Tie a piece of yarn or heavy string around the rectangle piece you just cut out and tape into place.
7. Make sure your trusty su-purrrr-visor is comfortable.
8. Cut pieces of colored tissue paper into thin strips, then cut into the strips to create fringe. Coat one side of the piñata with glue and add the tissue paper fringe. Fully cover the side of the piñata, be careful not to glue the pull cord under the tissue. Repeat on the other side completely covering the piñata. Add googly eyes if you like. Once covered, let dry and enjoy!
(Visited 198 times, 1 visits today)