When it comes to parties, it’s totally possible to create gorgeous and elegant decorations without breaking the bank! You won’t believe how easy it is to take a simple balloon to the next level when you DIY these Tulle Balloons!
- 36 Inch Latex Balloons
- 1 ½ yards Tulle Fabric (per balloon)
- Thick Rubber Bands
- Silk Flowers
- Fishing Wire
- Glue Gun
1.Have all supplies ready. Coconut chips optional, it was late and I was hungry!
2. Blow up the balloons to 19″. Standard-width tulle completely covers a 19″ balloon. If you want larger balloons, you’ll have to use two pieces of tulle.
3. Drape the tulle over the top of the balloon. Smooth the tulle around the balloon and gather as tightly as possible – try to even out the folds as you gather the tulle. Tie off with a rubber band. Make sure your trusty supervisor approves your work!
4. Tie the end of a long piece of ribbon around the rubber band to conceal it, let the rest of the ribbon hang.
5. Glue flowers around the base of the balloon. You can also add beads, lace, etc. to customize the look.
6. Thread the fishing wire through the tulle at the top of the balloon. Attach to a tree or the ceiling to give the illusion the balloon is floating. The balloons are too heavy to float with helium, so this is the workaround.
Insert battery operated lights or glow sticks into the balloons before inflating for a soft glowing effect.
Hang the balloon upside down from the ribbon to create a lantern effect.