Cardboard Box City
Don’t throw away your old cereal boxes, cartons, Fed Ex boxes, juice or shoe boxes! Paint them bright colors, add a few painted windows and Voila! You have a big, bright, colorful play city that will keep your kids busy for hours! Let’s get our kids off the iPad and get them crafting together with you. It’s easy for them to help paint the buildings and place the cars on the streets. Every parent with a toddler has a box of cars, tiny toy people and animals etc. This is another way to put them to use, and kids can create a new city every time. My daughter Ava had her friend Ethan over to play with her new city and they played for hours! I was asked to donate this one to a local school and the response to it was overwhelming. It’s pretty hysterical to see what the kids do with it. It’s an imagination explosion!
Boxes of different shapes and sizes
Acrylic paint (a variety of fun colors)
Black Acrylic paint
Sponge paint brush (super cheap at any craft store)
Black construction paper
Toy cars, people, trees, animals etc.
- Tape up the boxes sealing the corners and sides of the boxes to create a clean edge and corner
- Paint the boxes in a variety of colors. You may need more than one coat, let dry
- With the sponge brush paint black dashes to create the windows
- Cut the construction paper into rectangles to create the streets. Draw straight dashes (road lines) with white chalk and a ruler down the middle of each street. You can make as many or as few streets as you like
- Accessorize with toy cars, people, trees, animals etc.
(Visited 1,127 times, 1 visits today)